Turkey Recipe - Simple and Easy
Stay tuned for updates on our next event!
In the meantime here is a great and simple Turkey recipe you can use.
- 1 (10 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 4 cloves garlic,crushed
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 apple, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Preheat smoker to 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C).
- Rinse turkey under cold water, and pat dry. Rub the crushed garlic over the outside of the bird, and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place in a disposable roasting pan. Fill turkey cavity with butter, cola, apple, onion, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Cover loosely with foil.
- Smoke at 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part of the thigh. Baste the bird every 1 to 2 hours with the juices from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Prep Time - 20 minutes
- Cook - 10 hours
- Ready In - 10 h 20 m
Smoking Wood of Choice - Fruitwood Blend, Cherry, or Apple